Ayam Bakar Taliwang Pedas
Dive into the fiery flavors of Ayam Bakar Taliwang Pedas! This traditional Indonesian grilled chicken dish originates from Lombok, an island known for its vibrant culinary heritage. Infused with a tantalizing blend of spices and smoky char, this recipe brings together the essence of Taliwang-style cooking. Get ready for a taste sensation that will ignite your palate.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 5 shallots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 10 red chili peppers
- 5 bird’s eye chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- In a blender, combine shallots, garlic, red chili peppers, bird’s eye chili peppers, tamarind paste, sweet soy sauce, honey, salt, and sugar. Blend until smooth to make the marinade.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour the marinade over them. Mix well, ensuring each piece is coated evenly. Let the chicken marinate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for more intense flavors.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and brush off any excess. Reserve the marinade for basting.
- Grill the chicken over direct heat, turning occasionally and basting with the reserved marinade, for about 30-40 minutes or until cooked through and nicely charred.
- Serve the Ayam Bakar Taliwang Pedas hot with steamed rice and a side of fresh vegetables. Enjoy the spicy and smoky goodness!
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving|
Pertanyaan yang sering ditanyakan
- Q: How spicy is Ayam Bakar Taliwang Pedas?
- A: Ayam Bakar Taliwang Pedas is known for its bold and spicy flavors. However, you can adjust the level of spiciness according to your preference by reducing or increasing the amount of chili peppers used in the marinade.
- Q: Can I use boneless chicken for this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can use boneless chicken for Ayam Bakar Taliwang Pedas. Adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure the chicken is cooked through.
- Q: What are some suitableside dishes to serve with Ayam Bakar Taliwang Pedas?
- A: Some popular side dishes to complement Ayam Bakar Taliwang Pedas include steamed rice, fresh cucumber slices, grilled vegetables, and sambal (spicy chili sauce).
- Q: Can I bake Ayam Bakar Taliwang Pedas instead of grilling it?
- A: While grilling is the traditional method for preparing Ayam Bakar Taliwang Pedas, you can also bake it in the oven. Place the marinated chicken on a baking sheet and bake at 375Â°F (190Â°C) for approximately 40-45 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Q: Is Ayam Bakar Taliwang Pedas gluten-free?
- A: The main ingredients of Ayam Bakar Taliwang Pedas are gluten-free. However, it’s essential to check the labels of the condiments and sauces you use to ensure they are gluten-free.
- Q: Can I make Ayam Bakar Taliwang Pedas in advance?
- A: Yes, you can marinate the chicken in advance and keep it refrigerated until ready to grill. This allows the flavors to develop even further. However, it’s best to grill the chicken just before serving for optimal taste and texture.
Ayam Bakar Taliwang Pedas is a must-try dish for spice enthusiasts and lovers of Indonesian cuisine. The combination of smoky grilled chicken with the bold and fiery flavors of the marinade creates a taste experience that will leave you craving for more. Serve it with steamed rice and your favorite side dishes to complete the meal. Get ready to embark on a culinary journey to Lombok, where Ayam Bakar Taliwang Pedas originates. Enjoy the rich and vibrant flavors that this dish has to offer!
Hashtags: #AyamBakarTaliwangPedas #IndonesianCuisine #SpicyDelights #GrilledChicken #TaliwangFlavors